Tuesday, December 05, 2006

So many books, so little time...

About a year ago, a couple of area pastors came to talk with me about college ministry in Cedar Rapids. Upon entering my office, one of them commented that I needed more bookshelves. He was right - I have books piling up, many of which I know I will never get to. And it's gotten worse since he visited!

I just read a great article over at Church Relevance that said that a new book is published every 30 seconds. I LOVE books, but no matter how hard I try, at that rate I will never be able to read all of the ones I want.

The Church Relevance article gives some great advice on picking what to read as part of your "continuing education". It challenged me to consider more carefully what books I choose to give my time to.

And I encourage you to not be like 58% of the population that never read another book after high school graduation!

1 comment:

Tim Barcz said...

Books? I remember those...antique versions of the internet