Friday, December 29, 2006

Never Give Up

Personal News
My family had a great time in Topeka, and now find ourselves at my parents' home in beautiful Pella, IA. If my extended family can just get over a stomach bug and not share it with my family, we should have a great time!

Personal Thoughts
My brother and I just watched the end of the Insight Bowl with Texas Tech and Minnesota. When we first popped the game on, the score was 38-10, Minnesota on top.

Much to our amazement and delight, we watched Texas Tech battle back from 31 points down to tie the game on a career-high 52 yard field goal, and then win the game in overtime, 44-41. Absolutely amazing.

I told my brother that had we started watching the game from the beginning, I would have turned it off. I wasn't interested in a blow-out. Yet in the on-field, post-game interview, the Texas Tech coach said that he believed even at halftime down by 28 that his team could win. To him it wasn't a blow out. To him it was an opportunity for his team to shine.

What a great reminder. If you believe in what you are doing, never give up. No matter what anyone else says (even those who tune you out), keep doing what you are called to do.

No comments: