Wednesday, January 03, 2007

OneP3 - For hurting wives

I am not a female and I have a GREAT marriage. Yet I found myself inspired by the women behind OneP3. They are two women going through separation and divorce. But their response to their pain is amazing.

I love how they have clung to God in the midst of their pain. I'm inspired by how they have made a decision to still be women of the Word even when their husbands aren't being men of their word. I'm encouraged by their honesty. And I'm praying that God through his grace can make something beautiful out of their marriage messes by renewing not only their marriages, but of others who hear their story.

I think what encourages me personally so much by this is that for years I have been telling pre-married couples and struggling married partners that "marriage is not yours. It is God's. And because marriage belongs to God, you don't do things in this marriage ultimately for your spouse - you do them ultimately for God. So even if your husband is not leading or your wife is not submitting, you are still called by God to fulfill your role, no matter how tough things get."

That is so hard to hear, and even harder to live out, but I believe it to be true. And obviously the women of OneP3 believe it as well. And they are actually trying to live it out, no matter how tough things are right now. It's affirming to see someone living out something you've been preaching for years (even if they aren't doing it because of me!).

If you have a female friend going through a tough marital relationship, please show her this site. She might be encouraged by it, and be inspired to do the things that will draw her husband back to her. Now we need to find a guys' site that will tell guys to love and lead their wives by following Christ's example - death - even if their wife is like Gomer.

No comments: