Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One day just wasn't enough...

My wife's birthday was yesterday.  We celebrated with brownies and ice cream and gifts as part of our weekly Family Night.  But I felt like one day just wasn't enough to celebrate this incredible woman's birthday.  So I surprised her Sunday night with a "schedule" for the entire week to help celebrate her birthday all week long.  Clothes shopping, a massage, conversation with friends, time with me, and more are all on the docket this week.  We already accomplished the clothes shopping, but it's fun to know she has more things ahead to remind her how special she is to me and the kids.

I have been so blessed to be given such a faithful, loyal wife, who is not only passionate about me and our relationship, but even more passionate about a relationship with Christ.  I marvel at how she makes just about everyone feel accepted, and how she accomplishes so much with 4 kids to care for.  She truly has been, is, and will continue to be a wonderful gift from God.  And when something this wonderful comes along, you just can't celebrate it on only one day.  And so our family has declared this "LeAnn Bird Week!"

Happy Birthday, Le.  I love you!

1 comment:

Scot said...

Great idea! Wow. Tell LeAnn happy birthday from me.