Thursday, August 14, 2008

Baptized!

Last night our church family celebrated the 33 lives that have been changed by Christ who also chose to be obedient to God by being baptized.  The rainy weather that was threatened in the forecast stayed away and we had a beautiful evening to enjoy the sun, the cool air, the testimonies, the fellowship, the worship through song, and more.  It was a wonderful evening.

The photo to the right is from my spot in the grass using my phone's puny camera.  But I just had to capture the moment my friend Shane Ohrt was baptized by his mentor, Don Purdy (they are the two white dots in the center of the photograph).  When I moved here 6 years ago, I remember playing ping-pong in my basement with Shane.  As we talked, it was clear he was really young in his faith in Christ.  Now, he is a leader, a godly man, a maturing disciple of Jesus.  It was a joy for me to get to see him baptized. It was also fun for me to see Shane him baptized by Don, an awesome man I've had the joy of co-laboring with for the past 6 years.

Seeing Shane baptized reminded me yet again that I live for changed lives.  Nothing gives me a rush like hearing how God has worked in the lives of people.  I am in awe of His grace!

No comments: