Wednesday, August 03, 2005

What are you living for?

Living With a Hurt Knee
Had a great weekend in Greenville, IL with my wife's family. Lots of laughter, lots of games, little sleep, but restful still. However, the weekend ended with a downer: on my only water ski run of the weekend, just minutes from piling into the minivan to head back to Iowa, I wrecked. Big time. My left knee is punishing me by giving me intense pain when I try to bend it, so I am regularly reminded of the incident. Oh well, I may walk like an old man, but I'm still young at heart...

Living For What Matters
Just saw a video (which requires QuickTime to view) that was a promo for last January's Passion Conference. You can skip the end of the video when the retreat dates start coming up, and you can put it on mute (the music isn't that great, in my opinion), but the content is super. My favorite part:

Renown=what lasts the longest
Renown=fame that will never fade away
Renown=ultimate glory
Most stuff people live for fades with time
One fame lasts forever...


What are you living for? Is it something that fades, something perishable? Or is it something that lasts forever, something imperishable, something worth dying for?

No comments: