Sunday, November 19, 2006

Taunted by Blogger...

First, my friend and executive pastor, Kim tells me about this button in his Blogger Dashboard inviting him to switch to the "new" Blogger in Beta. He now has the ability to add tags and do other cool things.

Then my friend and fellow pastor, Tye tells me about his invite to upgrade his blog a few weeks ago.

And all I have to do is wait for my "invite" to be there on my Blogger Dashboard. And so I wait. And wait. And each time I get ready to make a new post, I look for "the button" and find that I am still among the unchosen (perhaps this is the blog version of Calvinism?).

Well, as I made my latest post just moments ago, there it was - the button! It was right next to the happy text that celebrates with me that my new post has been successfully put on my blog each time I click on the "publish" button. It told me all the great new things I would be able to do and how much better my blogging life would be. And so I happily clicked on the button, looking forward to all these new features that Tye and Kim have been telling me about. I am finally among the chosen!

Until I read the next page...

"We're sorry, but we are only allowing certain blogs at this time to be upgraded to the new Beta Blogger. Keep watching your Dashboard for your chance to enjoy the new features."

I am becoming convinced that Blogger is taunting me.

P.S. I know, I know, I can go start a new blog that takes advantage of the new features and import my old blog stuff later, but I don't want to hassle with that. That just seems to be part of the taunting as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha! That is hilarious! O yeah, and I am one of the chosen few! Yay Calvinism! ;-)

Tim Barcz said...

Zac,

Too bad you don't post that often.

Anonymous said...

Good things come to those who wait. People like me helped them get the bugs out so you could have a better experience. Plus, waiting produces patience and character. See, aren't you lucky!

Kim