Sunday, November 05, 2006

I feared the worst...

Looks like the allegations against Pastor Ted Haggard for the most part are true. I had hoped so much that he was innocent, but as soon as I heard Ted had denied everything and then recanted on part of it, I feared the worst.

But rather than launch a bunch of verbal missiles, I am choosing to pray for Ted, his family, his church, and Mike Jones, the one who brought this out into the open. I can't imagine the pain these people must feel in the wake of all this. I'd invite you to join me in prayer before we cast judgmental stones.

I am also praying that I and the leaders at New Covenant would be above reproach in all we do, be honest about who we are, and seek help when we are struggling. While New Covenant is the healthiest church I have ever been a part of, one scandal like this could rip to shreds what we have humbly worked so hard at achieving.

And I am also thanking God for his grace these days!

No comments: