Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Temptation (I'm still going to plant a church...)

Several years ago, I chose to fast from food for 8 days leading up to hosting a Starving Jesus tour stop.  As I made this significant spiritual decision, suddenly temptation was all around me.  I noticed food commercials like never before.  I made a birthday cake for my wife and couldn't indulge.  I even sat at Biaggi's sucking on lemon water while everyone around me enjoyed their delectable dishes.  But by God's grace, I hung on to my convictions for the entire eight days.

So it comes as no surprise that the week my duties as young adult pastor at New Covenant end because of a significant spiritual decision to obey God and go learn how to start a new church (which means leaving a good salary to go fundraise my own salary), I receive two contacts from friends about job openings at their churches.

Because I am absolutely certain I am doing what God has called me to do, the temptation to inquire about these positions is pretty much nil.  But maybe they would be tempting to you or someone you know.  So let me pass these on to you...

- My college church, Siloam Springs Bible Church, is looking for a new senior pastor.  To inquire for more info, email pastorsearch@siloambible.org.
- A high school friend told me his church is looking for a youth/young adult pastor.  (Update: The church isn't quite ready to publicize the position.)
- And of course, my church is now looking for a young adult pastor.  To apply, go here.

Posted via email from erin bird's web nest

No comments: