Monday, February 01, 2010

Praying for Erin as he goes to Jamaica in February?

Dear Friends and Family,

For the past month, I have been wanting to let know of an upcoming mission trip I have been invited to be part of and to ask you to join me in prayer.  My friend and partner on this trip, Mark Forstrom (our Sr. High pastor), has written a great, succinct letter, and to save time I have his permission to share his letter as my own.  So please read to be informed, and then join my “prayer team” via email by following Mark’s instructions below.

Thanks for reading and praying with our team!
Erin

-----

God has provided an exciting opportunity for me to be involved in a missions trip to Jamaica this February.   Now I know what you’re thinking:  How convenient to be “suffering for Jesus in Jamaica in the winter!  Yea, right!” 

Believe me when I say that this will not be a vacation on the beach!  The focus of the trip is actually to board the Logos Hope—the new Operation Mobilization missionary ship ministry—which just happens to be anchored there!  We’re taking a Vision Trip there to ascertain how New Covenant might utilize the new opportunities there for future short-term missions’ teams.

All I am asking for is prayer!  I don’t have any financial need because this is a Vision Trip.  (Our church’s missions committee has said they will pay my way.) 

The trip will be Feb 8-15, 2010.  There will be 5 others going on this trip:  Pastor Erin Bird, Jay and Kandy Schlichting (members of the missions committee and team leaders for this trip), and Andrew and Erin Boone (Andrew previously spent two years serving on a similar ship). 

Would you commit to pray for us?   If so, you can indicate your commitment to be a prayer partner by sending an email to Sharon Pagel at Sharon.pagel@newcovenantbible.org.   She will be sending out prayer updates.

Until then, here are some things you could be praying about:

·        Pray for us to discern the voice and heart of God regarding the potential of this for future New Covenant trips. 
·        Pray that we’d be an encouragement to the ship’s crew, many of whom are internationals. 
·        Pray that we’d have opportunities for blessing the Jamaicans visiting the ship while we’re there. 
·        Pray that we would grow in our understanding and awareness of what God is doing around the world and come back with hearts enlarged for kingdom work!

Sincerely in Christ,

Mark Forstrom

-----
P.S. from Erin: In addition to the email updates Sharon will send out, I plan to keep my Twitter feed updated with news and happenings.  My Twitter page is http://twitter.com/erinbbird.  Also, I have one additional prayer request: Pray for my wife and 4 kids while I am out of the country.  Thanks!

Posted via email from erin bird's web nest

1 comment:

OM usa said...

Cool stuff. If anyone wants to read more about the Logos Hope, visit the website for OM Ships.

Or for other opportunities with OM, check out our Short Term Trips & Long Term Mission trips.