Thursday, February 11, 2010

Logos Hope Jamaica Vision Team Update Two-and-a-half

I've been meaning to put our schedule out there for those of you praying for us, but I either haven't had the schedule with me when I've been typing these updates, or I've been too tired to remember.  But now that I no longer have those two obstacles before me at this particular moment in time, I thought I would get this out before Mark, Jay, and I have to head to the bookfair.  (All times are local Jamaican time, which is equal to Eastern Standard Time Zone.)

Overall Schedule:

7:00 am - Breakfast
7:45 am - Ship Devotions
9:00 am - Work (10:00 am for bookfair)
12:00 pm - Lunch
1:00 pm - Work
5:30 pm - Dinner
Evenings:
Wednesday (Last night) - overview of Operation Mobilizations values, focus, and work around the world
Thursday (tonight) - Ship wide Prayer Meeting
Friday - Open
Saturday - Work
Sunday - iCafe (see below)

Individual Work Assignments:

Andrew and Erin Boone:
Thursday - E-day (Andrew is preaching at a Bible School, Erin won't know her assignment until this afternoon)
Friday - Andrew will be in the engine room, Erin will be doing catering

Jay and Kandy Schlichting:
Thursday - Jay is in the bookfair, Kandy will be doing catering
Friday - Jay will be with Andrew in the engine room, Kandy will be back in the bookfair

Mark Forstrom and Erin Bird:
Thursday - bookfair
Friday - E-day (we do not know our assignment yet)

All:
Saturday - Hopefully we will be helping at the Open Heart Charity (a local ministry to the homeless)
Sunday - Church (possibility Mark and I will be preaching in different churches), Review of the week after lunch, then the iCafe in the afternoon and evening (the iCafe is an area on the ship where visitors to the bookstore can hang out and have conversations with crew about life and Jesus)
Monday - return to Cedar Rapids (first flight is at 8:15 am)

Thanks for praying!

Posted via email from erin bird's web nest

No comments: