Thursday, January 08, 2009

What a Celebration!

Last night New Covenant had their 2nd annual "Celebrate!" night. And wow - what a celebration!

2008 was a hard year - floods, closing the Wash campus, pushing back our building project, and more. Yet it was so evident last night that God has been working in our church family! The highlight for me was hearing the testimonies of the Olsens and the Novaks, and how God has so completely changed their lives through Christ. I found myself praying that we would have tons more stories like these in 2009.

I also loved the PowerPoint and time-lapse video that let our church family see the incredible work our volunteers put in at the Wash Campus. I will miss the Wash campus, but I'm looking forward to connecting more with people at our 46th St. Campus, especially in the ABFs (Adult Bible Fellowships) I oversee.

(Speaking of ABFs, we will be launching a new ABF targeting unmarried twentysomethings (but anyone else is welcome to join us!) on March 1. I'll share more about it on here, so if you are a single young adult, or know one, keep watching for more info.)

Last night was wonderful. God was praised - as it should be. It is such a joy to get to be a part of something where He is obviously choosing to work. My prayer is that He would do even more than we could ever imagine in 2009!

No comments: