Thursday, January 08, 2009

Miscellaneous Thoughts

  • I'm frustrated with Safari right now. Ever since upgrading to Mac OS 15.5.6, Safari on my MacBook Pro won't keep me logged in on any site, which basically makes Facebook, Gmail, Blogger, SXC, and other sites requiring you to be logged in basically useless. The Apple Discussion Forums reveal others are experiencing the same thing I am. I've switched to Firefox for the time being, but to me, Firefox seems a bit slower and bloated compared to Safari. (Safari works just fine on my iMac at home, which also is at 10.5.6 - go figure...)
  • The water bottles were a hit last night at Celebrate! Glad I got to contribute the logo that went on them.
  • Need to work through GTD again...
  • Can't decide if I'll stick with Things (it's now out of Beta, so I have to pay for it), or go with Reqall.
  • As a Christian nerd, I am thrilled to find this page, and yet scared and overwhelmed by it all at the same time...
  • Been enjoying Matt Chandler's sermons lately...
  • Tried a new podcast that combined faith and Mac computers, interviewed "famous" Christians using Macs, gave the latest insights or tips on Mac or iPhone usage. I was all excited when I downloaded it - and it was the worst podcast I've ever heard in my life. I couldn't even last 2 minutes - and I'm an extremely patient and grace-filled guy! When I could do a better podcast, you know it has to be bad...
  • For the first time in my life, I'm going to read through the entire Bible in a year. Was going to use YouVersion, but I really like sitting down with a paper copy of the Bible, so I'm planning to use the "Tommy Nelson Method" of reading the Bible in one year. Simply see how many pages your Bible has, then divide by 365. The answer is the number of pages you are to read each day. Mine is about 3.5.
  • I have a horrible long-term memory. I'm getting friend requests on Facebook from people I went to high school and college with, and I'm struggling to remember who they are. It's embarassing. I can remember someone's name I met last week just fine, but someone I grew up with is like a stranger to me.
  • Speaking of forgetting, I had one more thing I was going to put on here, but I've forgotten...

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Have you checked out any of the web browsers on opensourcemac.org? Some of them look like something a bit better than Firefox if you hate it so much.