Thursday, June 05, 2008

A rollercoaster week

This week has been one of great highs and frustrating lows (but the lows could be far worse, so I'm trying to keep that in perspective). I'm really short on time (have a TON to do - looks like it might be an all-nighter tonight!) so forgive me for being probably-way-too brief:

HIGHS:
  • Celebrated 14 years of marriage to my awesome wife yesterday!
  • Eating at Vino's and seeing Iron Man last night with LeAnn as part of our anniversary celebration!
  • "Tickling the ivories" for LeAnn since the 14th wedding anniversary gift is supposed to be ivory. I played the processional song I wrote that she walked in on.
  • Seeing my wife's tears of joy after I played Bridal Fanfare. :o)
  • Summer has officially started - school's out!
  • I am now the parent of a middle schooler and 3rd grader!
  • Receiving hugs from my 4 awesome kids each day!
LOWS:
  • Knowing a tornado tore through Parkersburg and other surrounding towns on May 25, causing tons of destruction and taking 6 lives.
  • Waking to the sound of "drip, drip" in my upstairs hallway on Friday morning last week.
  • Having to miss out on going to help with clean-up in Parkersburg to fix my own roof (Steve Adolphs offered his parents roof to me since it was laying in their backyard after the tornado, but I declined)
  • Living with a really painful left knee for several weeks now.
  • Having WAY too much to do right now - I have a wedding to prepare for & a blog and email template to design for the eXchange series - all due by tomorrow. :o(
  • Having computer issues, both with our new iMac at home, and my MacBook Pro at work.
I guess this is life. God gives us the great joys to praise Him through, and the lows to develop our character. He sure is good, though, that is VERY evident to me as I experience all of this.

No comments: