Sunday, June 08, 2008

I'm a Happy Mac Man!

As my three readers probably saw this week, I had a bit of an up and down week (it kind of went back down today - my roof started leaking again. Grrrr....).

Some of the downs were because of computer issues. More specifically, the new Time Capsule I ordered from Apple wasn't working right (or so I thought). But after spending 2 hours Saturday afternoon talking with Apple, the situation is golden!

Turns out when I migrated my documents from my 9-year-old G4 tower still on OS 10.2, an old "URLMount" folder migrated over as well, which gave me two URLMount folders - the new one that came with the new iMac, and the old one migrated over. This understandably confused the computer, so it couldn't connect to the hard drive portion of the Time Capsule. Once Alex finally helped me figure this out, we deleted the old URLMount folder, restarted, and low and behold my new iMac could finally connect to Time Capsule.

This problem was extremely rare, and so the first two people couldn't quite help me out, so I ended up talking with 3 Apple employees in my 2 hour phone call. But each one treated me with respect and really took my side in the issue. I felt like they were just as motivated to solve my problem as I was. Apple has done a GREAT job of training their employees on treating customers who call in for support. I've been a long time Mac user, and while I haven't had to call very often, each time I do I leave the phone call impressed.

So many times people complain when they get bad service (as I have done before on this blog), so I thought I would actually do the opposite and publicly let people know when a company actually did it right. So great job Apple (if anyone from Apple were to actually ever read this - which is probably slim to none! :o)

No comments: