Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Church List guy hates Church Lists too

I've already posted about how much I hate church lists. I knew Rob Bell, teaching pastor at Mars Hill Bible Church, hated church lists (he said so in a sermon a couple months ago) - I would expect that of him. But it was really refreshing to me to read on the Swerve blog that Craig Groeschel, senior pastor of LifeChurch.TV and current church-list-maker favorite, hates them as well.

The first time I ever heard Craig speak (it was from a video on their Internet Campus), I thought he was a bit monotone and not someone I would enjoy listening to. But the more I hear from Craig (in his books, interviews, and blog posts), the more I appreciate his heart and ministry.

Plus, it's nice to know I'm not alone in my "down with church lists" stance!

P.S. To understand the picture, go to Craig's blog post about church lists!

No comments: