Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Bless His Heart...

Last night, while LeAnn and I were sitting on the couch and I was catching up on reading some blogs, we watched the first 5 minutes of the third sermon in the Urban Legends series LifeChurch.tv is doing. Why just the first 5 minutes? Because on the Swerve blog, they said Craig explained the video that had a strange shadow in the video within the first five minutes of the message.

During the intro of the sermon, but before the video explanation, he said he intuitively learned that the words "bless your heart" really mean "you're an idiot!" His fly was down for an entire sermon and people said to him "bless your heart". He gave an example of a woman wearing a really strange outfit - "bless her heart..." Or a guy whose alarm failed to go off and then got stuck in traffic making him late for a job interview - "bless his heart..."

Well, I just read about the Chicago Bears fan who lost a bet over the Super loss to the Colts (yes, I know, I'm missing my Bowl...) on Sunday. His punishment? Legally changing his name to Peyton Manning.

Bless his heart...

No comments: