Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Two weeks and counting...

Only two weeks until the Starving Jesus tour rolls into Cedar Rapids. If you haven't read about the tour yet, or even lately for that matter, head over to starvingjesus.com to find out the great God-things happening on the tour.

One surprise, though, that I just read on the Starving Jesus site. One church cancelled on Craig and J.R. (after planning a huge outreach around their arrival) because (and I quote) "we are visiting other denominations other than their own during the tour? "

I am so saddened to read that. I know Craig and J.R. and their ministry often rides the line of "offensive" (and they know it too) - so I could see a church cancelling because they are just simply uncomfortable with Craig and J.R. (and if that were the case, the church should never have booked them). But to cancel because they aren't part of your party lines? Unbelievable.

No comments: