Wednesday, August 23, 2006

More on fasting...

Two days until my week-long fast. I'm excited, nervous, and fearful all at the same time. Excited about what God will do in my life during this next week. Nervous of the unknown (as I've admitted, I've never done a fast for this long). And fearful of going without food for a full week (I really like food!). But if the Starving Jesus dudes can go 40 days, I think I can handle 7.

Books on Fasting
If you are thinking about joining me for this fast, but want some more info, someone lent me two books on fasting. I quickly read the little one entitled "How to Fast Successfully" by Derek Prince. It was well written, to the point, and somewhat helpful. The other book is entitled "The Beginner's Guid to Fasting" by Elmer Towns. I haven't cracked it yet, but I am familiar with Elmer Towns' name, and so expect the book to be just as good as and more thorough than Prince's short book. If you would like to borrow one of these books, just let me know, other wise I'll return them to their owner after my fast.

If you don't have time for a book right now, you might just check out the page about fasting on StarvingJesus.com by clicking on Fasting 101 in the right column (before the tour dates list).

2 comments:

Zac said...

I'm still not to the Popeye "I can't standz it" level yet but I'm praying you stay motivated and can hold strong through the 7 days. If you ever have a weak moment and need to talk, let me know. I have my cell on me almost all the time.

ladydecolores said...

I am praying for you as well for your strength through this whole fast. I am praying for God to show something to me to join up with you during this fast as well.