Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My life as an apple tree...

Observation from my back yard at this moment...

There is an apple tree growing in the back northwest corner (the picture is of M hanging from it two summers ago). My kids love to climb it. (But at the moment M and S are playing some strange game of knocking each other off the slide - and they are laughing and loving it. I'm wondering how much longer it will last before someone gets hurt, but I digress... back to the tree...)

I noticed this evening that the tree is producing more apples this summer, and larger ones at that, than in previous years. But as I sit here on the patio in my cracked plastic chair, I noticed how the fruit is strong and numerous on some branches, but very few apples are growing in other parts.

Man, my spiritual life is a lot like that apple tree...

No comments: