Monday, September 08, 2008

Present-ing the Blog

It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks, so I thought I would bring my blog up to the present...
  • LeAnn's X-ray on Thursday showed everything was fine - the broken bone is no longer broken!  Good-bye boot!
  • In her excitement at my return home on Sunday night, M misjudged the bottom stair in the basement and sprained her ankle.  So we still have one Bird girl on crutches. in the house.
  • I preached 4 times on Sunday.  Thanks to anyone who prayed - it went well.  I really didn't think the sermon would be all that great or memorable, but several other people seemed to think otherwise.  I get the privilege of sharing the same message this coming Sunday at Encounter Christian Church.
  • I loved the video shown on Sunday of an interview with Chad and Amy Sauser.  That was awesome!
  • Proof that miracles still happen: Despite my incredible ineptness at handyman projects, I managed to stop the drip in the bathroom faucet on the main level.  (I just won't tell anyone that this 30 minute project took me over 2 hours...)
  • Friends had a baby this morning - it was fun taking our whole family on our weekly "Family Night" to go visit them and greet their new little one.
  • Our family gets to "star" in a comedic sketch this coming Wednesday night at our church's monthly "Family Night".  We get to be the "unified" family (K was bummed, she wanted to be the "disunified" family since the sketch is called "Family Feud")
  • I've had some really big projects as of late (other than preaching).  We are doing a custom mailing inviting the community to be a part of our fall Impact Series - I ended up doing the design for it and most of the content layout as well (with great input from the rest of the staff).  We are also doing our own small group study guide for the Impact Series - again I get to do the layout.  However I've never done a booklet like this before so I had to call in help from the professionals (thanks Jeff!).  Next project - a wedding guide for "everything a couple needs to make their wedding ceremony successful at New Covenant..."
  • I finish up pre-marital counseling with one couple this coming Sunday.  LeAnn and I are doing pre-marital counseling for another couple on Tuesday nights - it's fun doing it with my wife.
  • I'm reading It right now and I'm really enjoying it. It has really affected my prayers lately.  Seems every Craig Groeschel  book I read helps me get my priorities back in order.
  • I really wished I could have seen more of the US Open.  I only got to see bits here and there.
  • I really hope I get to see a Cornhusker football game on TV at least once this year before the Colorado game.
  • LeAnn and I finished Lost season 4 last night (seemed like a great way to wind down from a busy day).  Part of me wants season 5 NOW, and another part of me is ready to just be done with it.  If I were a single guy and a girl treated my heart like Lost does, I'd have given up and moved on by now...
That should do it for now.  It seems there was one other "bigger" thing I had thought about including on here, but I can't seem to remember it.  Oh well...

No comments: