Thursday, September 04, 2008

Prayer Requests

Need to make this quick, but I have two important prayer requests for you if you are willing to pray for these things:

(Please don't offer up half-hearted prayers. If you are going to do that, then please just move on to the next thing you were planning to do. But if you are willing to genuinely pray about these things before our Father, I appreciate it!)
  1. I preach on Sunday at New Covenant. Pray that I will be prepared, share exactly what God wants me to share, and those who need to hear it will not only be present, but will make changes in their life accordingly.
  2. The father of a college classmate sent the following email to friends, and thankfully it got forwarded to my inbox:

Dear Friend,

The King of Busoga (our tribe) died on Monday, 1 September 2008. This is a major, major event in our nation. He is being accorded a "state funeral"; Monday, 8 September 2008, the day of his burial, has been declared a public holiday in Uganda. From today up to tomorrow his body will lie in state in the Parliament of Uganda and there will be a special session of Parliament in honour of the fallen king tomorrow. This is a major, major event that has gripped the whole nation, and I as Bishop of Busoga am at the centre of the funeral services. I will be heading the special church service for the whole nation in honour of the fallen king on Sunday, 7 September 2008. I will further be heading the the funeral service for the king on Monday, 8 September 2008, which the President of Uganda will attend, and "who's who" in the whole nation and thousands of people. I have written to you, friend, because I want you to pray for me. I am going to share The Gospel. It is an opportunity of amazing proportions.

Yours in Christ,

Michael Kyomya

No comments: