Saturday, May 12, 2007

The greatest donation yet...

As I have shared on here before, I am going to the Czech Republic this June to help teach at an English/Business camp. As I shared in my letter I sent to friends and family, I need to raise some money in order to go.

I have been humbled thus far by the generosity of several people. While I haven't raised the full amount yet, I have received some VERY generous gifts, and I am extremely honored by these financial offerings.

But today I received the best donation yet. No, it was not the largest. But it was the most meaningful. My oldest daughter, K, baked cookies and brownies (with a bit of help from Mom) and made some Kool-Aid to sell outside. She spent most of her day in the front yard selling her baked goods and colored drinks to the walkers, bikers, and neighbors that passed by. At the end of the day, she had earned over $40 dollars. When she combined this with the money she had earned from jobs she's been doing the past month, my 9-year-old daughter will be donating over $50 so that Czech business professionals can see Christ in me and hear him in my words.

I am so incredibly humbled by my daughter's wonderful attitude and actions. Truly, this was and will be the best donation I receive.

The photo is of K and me after her piano recital two weeks ago.

1 comment:

Faith_Trust_Hope said...

That is awesome! I love the way you brag about your daughter on your site. What a great father! That will serve her well in life.