Thursday, October 05, 2006

More Phil Vischer

After posting about Godless Veggies, I saw Phil Vischer's new venture - JellyFish. On this new site is the story of how Phil went from starting and losing VeggieTales to starting JellyFish Labs. When I came across these two paragraphs, they really hit me at this busy time in my life:

---
Through the experience, Phil realized some interesting things. First, our relationships with God are much more important than our work for God. God doesn?t want us to be ?busy,? he wants us to be available. He doesn?t want us to focus on ?impact,? he wants us to focus on obedience. If we?re walking with Him, we?ll know when He has something specific for us to do. We don?t need to make stuff up. If we?re so wrapped up in the work we?re doing for God that we can?t even make eye contact with the person bagging our groceries, something in our lives is way out of whack.

Second, to be a Christian is to give Christ ?lordship? of our lives. That?s what it means. He?s Lord, we?re not. And if we?ve given Christ lordship of our lives, where we are in 20 years is, frankly, none of our business. Where we are in 5 years is none of our business. What is our business, is what God has told us to do today, and whether or not we?re doing it. That?s it.

---

God is so kind to me. Every time I hit a busy spell like this, I seem to get the above reminder in some form or another. Thanks, God, for the reminder. I needed it.

No comments: