Thursday, October 05, 2006

Godless VeggieTales

While trying to find out what college football games would be on TV a couple Saturdays ago, I accidentally stumbled onto a VeggieTales episode being shown on NBC. I was floored! As a dad of kids who love Bob, Larry, and the gang (ok, I admit, I love VeggieTales myself!), I was excited to think that quality, God-centered, values-teaching programming was going to be on broadcast television every week. Then I heard that the "God-centered" part of VeggieTales was being removed. It didn't make sense, and I thought that perhaps VeggieTales had sold out.

Well, I just saw Phil Vischer's blog explaining the whole story. I feel bad for him and others who had dreams of using quality Christian entertainment to teach kids about character-based living to only end up seeing the reason for our values being removed from the films.

No comments: