Friday, July 22, 2005

Two random thoughts

It's late, and I need a laugh...

#1 - In light of my Pet Peeve #1 post, a friend put a cartoon in my office box here at church. If I had a scanner, I'd scan it in and post it, but for now I'll just describe it.

Pastor is in the pulpit, speaking to the congregation, and says "Go ahead and take a moment to greet someone whom you will completely ignore later."

:o)

#2 - This one was so funny I just had to share it. Today in a lunchtime meeting about some small groups we are planning and praying to launch this fall as part of our church wide spiritual journey, Dave S. was telling a story of how he got a job through his small group leader who he hadn't known 6 months prior. It was an awesome "God story" and to wrap it up and help us all appreciate God's sovereignty, Dave said "And as John Calvin used to say - 'what luck!'"

Praying I get a chance to whip that one out some day...

No comments: