Friday, May 20, 2011

King's Cross by Timothy Keller (Book Review)

Kings_cross

I have noticed that I tend to write book reviews (and reviews for other products) for works that I have thoroughly enjoyed.  This one is no exception.

However, unlike my other book reviews, I am going to keep this one short and to the point.  I am not going to "review" the book, per se.  Instead, all I need to say about Keller's latest book is this:

  • King's Cross is a simple walk-through of the highlights of the Book of Mark from the Bible.
  • Like his sermons, Dr. Keller's insights into Mark and first century culture weaved with his expansive understanding of today's culture will delight your heart and mind.
  • However, I found myself not falling in love with Keller's words as I read.  Rather, Keller's words helped me fall in love with Jesus even more.

I am recommending this book to just about everyone I interact with: those in full-time ministry, long-time Christians, spiritual seekers, and more.  This book really hits people no matter where they are in their spiritual journey, and truly will help multitudes of people go deeper with Jesus in their spiritual journeys, regardless of where they are in that journey.

Rating: 5 Crowns of out 5

Posted via email from erin bird's web nest

No comments: