Friday, May 20, 2011

The End? (My weekend thoughts and plans in light of tomorrow's "Judgment Day")

Digitalend

The Twittersphere (at least the people I follow) has been a buzz of mockery about Harold Camping's prediction that true followers of Christ will be raptured tomorrow, May 21, and that the universe will be completely destroyed on October 21.  I know it doesn't really matter what I ultimately think, but I've had several thoughts.  So I decided to write a quick post just to get them off my brain so I can get some RiverTree work done.

I hope Camping is right because:
  • I'd love to go be with my Jesus!

But I'm certain Camping is wrong because:

I'm grateful Camping is wrong, because:
  • There are too many people I care about and am praying for that I want to be with Jesus.
  • I really, really want to see the vision God has given me for a church planting movement in Iowa to become a reality.

So here is what I am going to do this weekend:
  • Have a Half-Birthday Daddy Date tonight with my now-seven-and-a-half-year-old son
  • Take my 13-year-old daughter out for breakfast tomorrow morning.
  • Take my 11-year-old daughter out for ice cream tomorrow afternoon.
  • Go to church Sunday morning to help set-up, greet people, and worship Jesus.

Posted via email from erin bird's web nest

No comments: