Sunday, November 07, 2010

I Want To Be a Spiritual Photographer (A Church-Planting Desire)

Talented photographers capture a moment that draws the viewer into the picture.  The image burns into the memory of the admirer, while the thought of the photographer fades.  While the photographer might temporarily get in the way to get the perfect photo, the photo remains, outlasting the photographer.

Through this yet-to-be-started new church, I hope to capture images and stories of God's work in the lives of people.  I want to photograph moments of Christ's work that get burned into memories.  In our culture, I know some people's attention will be on me as the pastor, but what I truly want is for all people to see the image of God, knowing I will fade with time.  I want my life to be like the New Testament prophet John the Baptizer, who said, "He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30 (ESV)

In other words, I want to be a spiritual photographer.

Posted via email from erin bird's web nest

No comments: