Thursday, August 26, 2010

Logos 4 Mac review

In May, I was able to purchase Logos 4 with some leftover budget money here at New Covenant.  It has been well worth the investment!  The program was only in Alpha when I purchased it, but each release (now up to Beta 8 as of yesterday) keeps revealing the power this program has.  In fact, it has too much power!  Thankfully some of the staff here at New Covenant have been to some training seminars to learn how to use this amazing software, and then they have come back and shared some of their discoveries with me and the rest of us who couldn't make the training.  I haven't given deep research to other Bible software programs for the Mac platform, but I can't imagine any of them measuring up to this one.  There are still a few bugs in the Beta software (I discovered one in the Passage Analysis area - their "Word Tree" isn't working right yet), but it's still been a treat to work with this software.  And I've only just begun to learn the power this program possesses!

This week Logos announce some good news for the Mac community.  They are launching the "final" version of Logos 4 for Mac on October 1.  And to celebrate Logos Bible Software is giving away thousands of dollars of prizes to celebrate! Prizes include an iMac, a MacBook Pro, an iPad, an iPod Touch, and more than 100 other prizes!

They’re also having a special limited-time sale on their Mac and PC base packages and upgrades. I encourage you to check it out.  In today's software world their prices might seem high, but if you are serious about Bible Study, Logos 4 is an incredible tool.  I'm grateful my church had the budget money to allow me and several other staff to invest in their biblical knowledge in this way.

Rating: 4.5 Bibles out of 5

Posted via email from erin bird's web nest

No comments: