Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

As I headed home from church this morning, I realized I had a really good weekend:

- While it wasn't technically on the weekend, I enjoyed watching the Husker's football game on Thursday night. I have never watched a Cornhusker game quite like the Missouri game. Pouring rain, no yardage, tons of penalties, and no Husker points until the 4th quarter, where they absolutely dominated, winning the game 27-12. It was crazy!

- I downloaded a GREAT iPhone app - Photoshop.com Mobile on Friday. It has a great feature set of basic photo editing options (I created the photo above with it). And it's FREE!

- Friday night I led the wedding rehearsal for two friends. They met through Watershed, the city-wide young adult ministry I used to be a part of (and still miss being a part of!). The wedding was in fact held in the facility of the church that allows Watershed to meet.

- We didn't have a "wedding coordinator" for the rehearsal so I was in charge of everything. While things went well, it took longer than planned and I gained a greater appreciation for the wedding coordinators I work with at New Covenant.

- I really enjoyed Leadership Community on Saturday morning. Don Purdy did a great job of giving an update on our church family's Relocation Journey. And even though it was short, Kim Pagel's devotional thought on the prayer life of Jesus was a great reminder for me of the importance of prayer in the life of a Jesus-disciple. And the delicious hot breakfast of Belgian waffles was a real plus, too!

- Saturday afternoon brought the wedding ceremony. It was a ton of fun! Not only did the couple and their attendants look fantastic, but Christ truly was at the center of the ceremony. It is always a joy to me to officiate the wedding of a couple who are truly seeking to follow Christ. My message was based upon the Message version of Philippians 1:9-11 because that was the passage the couple chose for their Scripture Reading.

- I enjoyed teaching and leading the discussion once again in the BE[cause] ABF. We started a new series out of Proverbs. Today's topic: relationships. More on that in other post.

- Then after BE[cause], I had a great conversation with a guy trying to apply his faith in his friendships, the very issue we talked about in class.

- Tonight, we are going to have our weekly Family Night (moving it to Sunday from our normal Monday time slot due to a church business meeting).

Next weekend already looks to be great as well - hanging out with our Equipping staff and their spouses for a mini-retreat, seeing my parents (who are coming in to watch our kids while we go on our mini-retreat), preaching in all four services at New Covenant, and enjoying time with my kids as they get a 4-day weekend.

Posted via email from erin bird's web nest

No comments: