Friday, November 07, 2008

Shout Outs


I want to give props to four young adults who are doing great things:
  • First, my wife's cousin Kami has another article on Neue.  Without knowing who was the author, within a few sentences I suspected it might be Kami - and I was right!  Excellent article, Cuz!  Disconcerting and thought-provoking, but excellent nonetheless.
  • Next, I want to point the spotlight on Jonathan Spaulding.  He has put together a WONDERFUL short film (starring a few friends of mine!) entitled Father, Who Art.  The film premieres on November 22 at 8:00 pm sharp (so arrive early) in the Activity Center of New Covenant.  I was honored to see the film beforehand and I was SOOO impressed.  And when it comes to film, music, art, etc., I don't hand out compliments like that easily.  Jonathan has done a fabulous job.  So put it on your calendar, cancel other plans if you have them, go see the film, be touched by it, and congratulate Jonathan on a job well done.  As I told Jonathan after seeing the complete film for the first time, I'm really proud of him, and I think you'll be impressed to.
  • Last, I want to let everyone know about Randy and Heather Ransom.  I had the joy of having them in my small group one fall, and it was neat seeing them grow in their relationship with Christ.  But one day they announced that their jobs had been transferred to Dallas, and they left Iowa.  Last week, out of almost no where, this letter appeared in my mailbox at church - the Ransoms have quit their engineering jobs to make a difference in the country of Zambia!  They were willing to give up their incomes to go help orphans have a better life and find hope in Jesus Christ.  Way to go, Ransoms!  (Click this link and scroll to the bottom of the page to see Heather and Randy's pictures and read their bios)
It's encouraging to me as a young adult pastor to see young adults applying their faith, pointing people to Christ, and using their talents to advance the Kingdom.  If you have similar stories, I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

Spaulding Lab said...

Aww shucks, Thanks for the good PR :-)