Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Playing Catch Up

I've had lots of blog post ideas the past couple of weeks, but haven't carved out the time to sit at my computer and pound them out on my MacBook Pro's keyboard. So here are some random snippets from my mind to share my thoughts and catch my 3 readers up on my life:

  • Saw Cloverfield. LOVED it way more than I expected.
  • I'm loving the 30-Day Challenge so far!
  • I still like snow, but I'm sick of shoveling. I'm allowing God to teach me how to find joy in the monotonously bleached landscape all around and the pain that it brings to my back. I've decided that this winter is going to make me enjoy spring and summer more than ever!
  • I'm tempted to start a PayPal account to accept donations for a snowblower.
  • I'm learning about relativity. We've had probably 50-60 inches of snow this year (don't know the official total). My friend, Leo in Michigan, said on Sunday that they've had over 100 inches of snow so far.
  • Relativity #2. My back hurts from shoveling. And yet my pain pales in comparison to the pain many people are feeling in the country of Chad and Northern Illinois.
  • I've been out of touch. I didn't learn about the Northern Illinois tragedy until yesterday. Nor did I know about the hubbub over one of Barack's speeches. I have since turned my "scrolling news" screensaver back on.
  • I'm still passionately in love with my wife, so I thoroughly enjoyed spoiling her for Valentine's. It's amazing how you can wow someone with a little creativity and little money.
  • I don't like talking about budgets - whether home or church. But they are very, very necessary, so I grin and bear it.
  • I need to start on Issue 2 of the new young adult newsletter The Connection.
  • I'm reading Stripped right now. It's a quick read, and great to see God's grace lived out in the lives of some real humans who've tasted the worst side of life.
  • My youngest son, T, is entering a really fun stage of life. Monday night I had him trying to do karate chops and kicks, complete with verbal sound effects.
  • I also love the sound of laughter, especially when it comes from my kids.
  • And now I'm late for a meeting. Gotta go!

1 comment:

Scot said...

Way to get caught up on things! It is amazing how quickly one can get behind.