Friday, September 07, 2007

Back to the Blog

Long time, no blog.
The excuse? Busyness. Pure, unadulterated busyness. I've been so busy I haven't even READ blogs, let alone have time to write on my own. In fact, I started this blog 2 weeks ago on Aug. 24, and yet here I am two weeks later finally finishing the post.

But I hope to resume as I am sure all three of you out there are dying to know what's happened in my life and that the blogosphere has deeply missed my voice among the millions and billions of blogs floating around in cyberspace.

Rather than unleash all my thoughts at once, I will try to share some of the blog ideas I've had over the past several weeks over the next few days. We'll see how it goes...

Entering a Cult
Yes, it is true. This summer I joined a cult. I had heard of this cult for quite a while, and naturally I doubted this cult held the truth. But its adherents (some of which were other pastors on staff at New Covenant who evangelized me upon my return from the Czech Republic) seemed convinced of the veracity of their "theology", and I was desperate for help, so I drank the Kool-Aid. I read their "bible". I began to implement the principles. I'm an early convert and not quite ready to make disciples, but I'm giving this a true college try.

In case you are afraid for me, I want to assure you I'm used to these cult things - I am a Mac user, own a Tapwave Zodiac (at least DID own one until last week - more on that in another blog), have been a Nebraska Cornhusker football fan my whole life, and have been drinking Mt. Dew since childhood. So I am used to these sort of things.

So what is this cult? Why, it is the Getting Things Done cult, of course. The "messiah" of this cult is David Allen, author of the bestselling book by the same name. I am still only 75% of the way through implementing the GTD system (busyness has kept me from getting "Getting Things Done" done), but I can tell already it is going to help me in the long run.

It took a lot of time to begin the process of converting the whole organization of my office, task handling, schedule, and life, but I'm glad I'm giving it a try. Administrative stuff has always been a weakness of mine and I needed help. But it appears GTD has come to the rescue. Hopefully it will help me put in enough margin in my life to get back to blogging!

No comments: