Saturday, September 23, 2006

Computer's Back

I just got my laptop back today after it had a trip to the "computer hospital". The hard drive (made by Toshiba - so please no "let's bash Apple" jokes) was going bad. Thankfully it was all under warranty. Now I'm having to go back through and bring things back up to where they were when the drive went bad. Thankfully I had most things backed up, but I didn't have a few apps backed up (so I'm re-downloading them and re-installing them), and worst of all - I had failed to back up my bookmarks! A complete travesty.

And for some reason I can't get my email program to connect correctly to the Exchange server at church. Other than that, it's been somewhat easy (and a bit fun - although a time waster) to get things back into order so I can at least look like I'm being efficient).

Ok, so this was a waste of a blog, but at least you now know the reason for my blogging absence. So all 3 of you can rest easy now - the computer's back, so I'm back.

No comments: