Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Pieces of Glass

I found a surprise in my office today. A strange manila envelope was on my desk, clearly with something thicker than just a letter inside.

As I opened it up I was thrilled to find a copy of the soon-to-be released book "Pieces of Glass"! The story contained in its pages is that of my friend, Sarah Kay Ndjerareou. It is a heartbreaking story of the emotional pain Sarah went through as a result of a debilitating skiing accident her fiance suffered.

My wife and I were actually in Cedar Rapids candidating for the position I now hold when the news was shared with the church that Sarah's fiance was critically injured. I remember praying for this injured young man and his fiance whom I did not know.

Over time, I got to meet Sarah and I discovered she was a remarkable young woman. And then to my pleasant surprise, she married my good friend Nate a couple years later. And now she is a published author. Even though Sarah's life-story is still being written, I praise God that the splintered pieces of glass she saw from her life have been used to create a beautiful mosaic. I pray that the family of Sarah's former fiance are seeing some of the same work from God in their lives as well.

To get your own copy of "Pieces of Glass", pre-order it from Amazon or Zondervan. Or support your local Christian bookstore by getting the book after August 1st there.

Sarah has a blog with TONS of pictures of her daughter Sophia (and a couple with Nate as well!). Stop by and tell her "congrats" on the publication of her new book!

And to hear Sarah's story (as told to the Watershed crowd on May 26, 2005) click here. (This is the only place you'll find this link!)

No comments: