Thursday, July 27, 2006

Just need to vent...

RRRRRRR!

I need to vent for a second. I just heard from a female friend who confided that she was recently sexually assaulted by an acquaintance. My heart broke as I read her words and I am really angry with the anonymous person who did such a thing. NO one deserves to be treated that way as a creation of God. But because I know my friend, it seems even worse.

She is such a quality person. How could a guy even THINK of doing this to her, let alone act upon those thoughts?

Thankfully my friend has a good support system. And because she is such a quality person, I know she will heal and emerge stronger through this - possibly even go on to bless other women who go through a similar tragedy. But I still wish it hadn't happened to her.

If you are a guy and are reading this - don't you EVER touch a girl in a sexual way who is not your wife! I don't care how sexually frustrated you are or how attractive she is. If you cheat God's beautiful design for sex and relationships, then you will be even more sexually frustrated, she won't be as attractive after the incident, and you might end up with a criminal record. And if you are feeding your mind with materials that tell you that "all women want it", then take the trash out. Women want a man who will lead them by sacrificing for them (check out Eph 5:22-33!). Taking advantage of their body for your own pleasure is not sacrifice.

And women, if you've been sexually assaulted and have never told anyone, please do! Your healing will only happen as you open up to the right people (preferably another woman) who can help you work through what you experienced. God wants you to sexually enjoy your husband and give yourself to him, so don't let one jerk's selfishness rob you of the joy of being united physically and emotionally with a loving, sacrificing husband.

Man... this had been such a good day up until this point. I get to officiate a wedding this weekend - and unfortunately I think I know what will be on my mind as I pronounce Zac & Erin husband and wife. Hopefully one day my female friend will get that opportunity and this incident won't ruin that day for her...

On a positive note, my sister-in-law gave birth to Rylan Asher Bird today. Welcome to the family, Rylan! And congrats Derek & Becka! Hopefully Rylan's cousin will be here soon (but preferably AFTER Zac and Erin's wedding!).

No comments: