Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Integrity as Influence

I just read this article by Gordon MacDonald. I really liked it, because like Gordon, I hope to influence those outside of my "bandwidth" (unlike Gordon, I don't have 67 years of wisdom in me yet...).

But as I reflect on the article, I think the key to influencing anyone in any age group is to be a person of integrity (you act the same no matter what the circumstance), truthfulness, passion, and grace. I truly believe godly character, Christ-focused living, and people-centered actions transcend age.

What are you, as a young adult, doing to reach outside your "bandwidth"? Are you living beyond your own generation? And are you living as a person of integrity, which will encourage your elders to take you seriously and the generations behind you to think highly of you?

No comments: