Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Rest

Personal News
The Bird Family is taking off tomorrow for Homecoming and the 10th Graduation Reunion of my wife and yours truly at John Brown University (nobody believes me I'm old enough to have graduated college 10 years ago, but it is true). Not only am I looking forward to seeing the changes on campus and reconnecting with old friends, but I'm also looking forward to some rest and time with my family.

Personal Thoughts
In the midst of this crazy schedule I've had the past few weeks, I've been thinking about rest. Watching the Iowa State/Nebraska game, although a close game, was very restful because it got my mind off of the things I think about 24/7. But I've noticed that if I don't plan for rest, I end up getting rest, but in unproductive, unsatisfying, and unrefreshing ways (like watching The Waterboy on TBS this past weekend when I should have just gone to bed).

How about you? Are you being intentional about getting rest? Or are you getting it in a haphazard fashion? What are some ways you get refreshed?

1 comment:

-E said...

I wish I was still resting!