Monday, October 17, 2005

Media Consumption

Much of this article didn't surprise me. While I don't consume much television, I use the Internet constantly in my job as a pastor: researching for messages, emailing people, finding information and advice so I can make wise decisions, staying somewhat connected to culture, etc.

But one thing did surprise me from the article:

Another suprising find is that 18 to 24-year-olds spend less time online than any other age group except for the over 65s, giving the lie to the idea that young adults are the most computer literate.

As I read the article, I was reminded of the 5th Nooma film "Noise" and the questions that film raises. Do you have so much "noise" in your life (and this includes visual "Noise") that you can't hear the voice of God? What do you need to ruthlessly eliminate so that you can hear the voice of the Holy Spirit?

No comments: