Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dispatches From The Front (missions DVD review)

LeAnn and I watched Episode 2 of the DVD series Dispatches From The Front by Frontline Missions (see the trailer above). We thoroughly enjoyed it!

Tim Keesee, the writer/narrater of the series, is an extremely talented worsmith. At times, I felt like I was listening to poetry made even more powerful being combined with breathtaking images (captured by top-notch camera work). Tim's insightful commentary helped captivate my heart in seeing the gospel lived out by my brothers and sisters in Christ serving overseas, as well as seeing the gospel advance.  It was a wonderful reminder that when a life truly meets Jesus, everything changes!  Marriage, family, outlook, thinking, behavior - everything!

My ADD friends might find Tim's narration a little slow, but I was completely enthralled.  Dispatches is in a documentary style, so I didn't expect a fast paced story. Of course, my personal interest in the DVD was extremely high because one of the countries featured in the video was Kosovo, including the Christian camp that 6 of our young adults at New Covenant helped at last year, to which 2 are returning (one of whom left yesterday for a 6-month trip, the other leaves Lord-willing in August for 2 years).

I highly recommend Episode 2 of Dispatches, and can only assume Episode 1 is just as good. Now I need to go convince our church's missions department to purchase them. :o)

Rated: 5 dispatches out of 5

Posted via web from erin bird's web nest

No comments: