Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Murphy's Law of Vacations

So for the first time in my life, I am taking two weeks off from work.  Week #1 is for catching up on house projects.  Week #2 is for relaxation in Michigan with our good friends Leo and Michele.

But of course, as Week #1 is underway, I'm sick.  Sore throat.  Sore voice.  Aching back.  Aching muscles.  Bad cough.  Headache.  Yuck.  And so I have accomplished basically nothing yet.  I did mow the lawn yesterday, but my back and muscles were quite mad at me last night.  So the thought of climbing on the roof to hang Christmas lights or hovering over a sink to repair leaky faucets is not very appealing.

On the bright side - at least I'm not puking!

2 comments:

Kim Pagel said...

Look on the brightside:
2. At least your not making the rest of the staff sick!
3. At least you're not using your vacation days!
4. At least you missed staff meeting today!

Cheers!

Thomas said...

hope you get feeling better! sick vacations are no vacations at all...